Wednesday, June 29, 2011

NOT BORN FREE 3 - PART 2

So I bought a new battery thinking it just wasn't getting a good charge. That didn't work, so I started thinking it could've been the electrical somewhere. Switched out the coil, the plugs, changed the gas, checked the petcock, messed around with the air/fuel mixture on the carb. Ran it rich, then lean, still nothing. Checked the crank position sensor. Then I figured it had to be the ignition control module and that was throwing off the timing. Of course no one in town had one in stock, so I would have to wait until Monday to try and overnight one. Just kicked around by the pool and decided to get some sun and relaxation since there wasn't much else to do but wait. Monday morning I had a thought that maybe I just wasn't getting a good connection on the on/off toggle. So I pulled it out, wired everything together, and to my amazement, no more backfiring! A simple little $3 toggle kept me from Born Free. What a bummer!

 

No comments: